Sunday, July 1, 2007

embedded?

Well I spent a little time setting up VersaMail on the ol' Treo. I hadn't worried about the mail client before. Blazer seemed good enough to properly display the web-based mail I use. BUT... I wanted to be able to attache camera phone pics WITHOUT relying on Sprints horrible picture share system.

I could not get sprintpcs email to work on my sprint-branded Treo. It seems my pop/smtp password (and even user name) differs from my "Vision" account. But the tier one reps (even the ones in The States) can't seem to get past the word "Vision."

My local ISP to the rescue. Say what you will about cruddy customer service and spotty download spreeds, at least you get sub email accounts. Wheeeeeeee.

So I set up the Treo with a sub account from my ISP. Voila! Blog posted mobile-style. But alas, I still had to get to the PC, and manually insert the picture. Apparently Blogger doesn't recognize attachments and VersaMail is not robust enough to embed objects in the text of a message.

Such is life.

AH HAH! While the normal email directly to your registered blog doesn't work with attached pictures, the generic email to go blogger.com works quite nicely!

1 comment:

-K said...

You know.... I think I know why the picture account doesn't work on your phone or mine....
my phone seems to think I am you.

hmmmmmmmm.