Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Way

It must be one of the truly great gifts of prayer and reflection available to Christians, especially R. Catholics: The Way or Stations of the Cross follows the passion of Jesus's cruxifixion.

Not a pagent. Not The Greatest Story Ever Told with C. Heston as John the Baptist.

And to me even deeper than the Palm Sunday Passion with the Gospel focus on the actions of disciples, the Romans and the Jews (basically in my view, OUR faults and reasons we NEED Jesus' sacrifice and gift of salvation).

However, what I get from The Stations is a chance to really focus on Christ's sacrifice and trials. I find myself especially touched by His falls and stumbles. If Christ can fall and still be Christ, then any of us can acheive grace and forgiveness, no matter how hard the fall.

No comments: