Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happy Day

On Thursday, 'Trina and I went to celebrate my birthday at the MasterGrill Churrascaria at Firewheel Mall in Garland. She had never eaten at one of these Brazilian type restaurants before, so it was a treat. The Picanha with Garlic was our favorite. But the salmon from the salad bar was also especially tasty. And I did not die when cajoled into trying the grilled pineapple.

This was a nice little place. Not as swell feeling as Texas de Brazil on Cedar. I always had the feeling that Garland and the mall were just a few yards behind me. But it was tasteful and tasty all the same. The value reminded me of the first of these places I even visited, Rodizio in the Salt Lake City Trolley Barn.

I must say, even though it was 5 year's ago, Rodizio was the best. But I'd gladly go back to MasterGrill on another special occasion. I'd even take the kids if Lainey weren't working on the vegetarian thing and Paul wouldn't ask if they had one of those skewers with a PB&J on it. I wonder if Lainey remembers going to the churrascaria in San Antonio?

Yumm indeed