Sunday, October 28, 2007

A tail of two glasses

I typically wear glasses in only two situations.




1. At work after about 40 hours (this usually occurs by Friday at Big Time Consulting, LLP).


2. Driving long distances at night or towards the sun.




When I wear my glasses in these situations, I find I have left them in the car or at home and do not have them for work. Or they are sitting on my desk when I want them in the car. My prescription and need is not strong enough to have them with me all the time. Usually, I throw my most recent pair in my laptop bag and regulate the old pair to the car.




I actually went all of last year without wearing glasses. They were uncomfortable. It turns out my eyes had gotten stronger and my prescription is now weaker. Time for new glasses! But that also means, I cannot just dump the old pair in the car. And insurance only pairs for frames and lenses every two years.




Enter Zenni Optical. Instead of dropping $150-200 a pair, a decent pair of glasses can be ordered online for $18 after shipping.




So I bought a "real" pair of glasses from the local walli-world eye-mart ($148 for discount frames) and a nerd pair for the car from Zenni.












No comments: